BRAZILIAN SOCIETY OF UROLOGY – BSU
Selection process for the new Editor-in-Chief of the International Brazilian Journal of Urology
All associates are invited to participate in the selection process for the new Editor-in-Chief of the International Brazilian Journal of Urology, according to the process defined in articles 12.2.1, 12.2.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168, of the internal regiment of the Society. Candidates should apply from this date to June, 1st, 2019, by sending an email to the International Brazilian Journal of Urology (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the following attached documents: (i) curriculum vitae; (ii) a list of features that qualifies the candidate for the job; (iii) list of projects that would like to implement in IBJU during the four years of term of office; the email for inscription (subject) must contain the phrase: “candidate for Editor-in-Chief Int. Braz. J. Urol.”. BSU board of directors will propose an Examination Board that will analyze the documents, and the qualified candidates will be summoned by email for an interview with the Examination Board in a determined place, date and time during the Brazilian Congress of Urology 2019. Once concluded the selection process of the qualified candidates, the Examination Board will announce the winning candidate, based on the submitted documents and interview. The new Editor-in-Chief will be announced at the final ceremony of the Brazilian Congress. The elected Editor-in-Chief will participate in the daily activities of the current Editor, aiding with the elaboration of editions 05 and 06 of 2019 of IBJU, and will posteriorly be in charge of the new editions from January 1st, 2020.
Minimum requirements to apply for the position of IBJU Editor-in-Chief:
- a. Full urologist TiSBU member
- b. Doctorate degree more than 5 years;
- c. Publications in journals of Clarivate impact factor (Web of Science) and in International Brazilian Journal of Urology;
- d. Proved editorial experience (including reviewer);
- e. Curriculum vitae emphasizing scientific and editorial production
- f. Justification of features that qualifies the candidate and reasons why decided to apply for Editor-in-Chief; and
- g. List projects that pretends to implement at IBJU during term of office.
Rio de Janeiro, February 21st, 2019.
BSU President, 2018-9